POSITION: PT BOOKKEEPER (10-20 HOURS)
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ED)
The Bookkeeper is responsible for account management including the reconciliation of accounts to ensure accuracy, completing financial transactions including posting information to accounting journals, accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense report reconciliation, invoice preparation, and payment of expenses.
• Record all invoices, expense reports, and transactions
• Prepare checks to be given to Executive Director
• Track grants and pledged donations
• Create and send invoices to appropriate staff members
• Create bank deposits take to bank
• Provide post event and program P&L statements
• Assist in yearly voluntary audit
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles and three years’ bookkeeping experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Principles of basic accounting.
• Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks Online.
• Experience with CRM, Positive Pay experience a plus.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
• Strong communications skills and ability to effectively interface with staff and board members
• Strong time management with respect for deadlines.
• Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position requires sitting for extended periods of time. Occasionally requires standing, squatting, reaching, and bending. Requires ability to receive information through oral communication both in-person and on telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard. Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as assigned workstation, computer, phone, copier and file cabinet.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. The Organization reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send all cover letters and resumes to Leigh Goldstein at Leigh@arizonahemophila.org with “bookkeeper” in the subject line.